Monday, November 21, 2011

Week One

So first week of training is in the books.  Started out pretty slow only doing 4 days but hoping to increase that out to 6 over the next few weeks.  It's going to be a long journey to get back into the type of shape I was in last year before OBX but i'm hoping with the early start by the time I get to March i'll be ready to get in some tough workouts.  Anyway nothing to exciting but here is how my week went.

Monday - off.  Tough start I know

Tuesday - 3 miles.  8:05 pace.  Run pretty much sucked but miles were pretty consistent.  Doesn't help that i'm learning a new area so not sure where hills are or where i'm ging half the time.  That will hopefully change over time

Wed - 4 miles.  8:03 pace.  Felt like crap first half of run but started to feell good on the 2nd half of the run and was able to finish last mile in 7:34.

Thurs - 4 miles.  8:13 pace. Nice and relaxed run.  First really cold run of the year and forgot my gloves not good.  Hands were pretty much icicles

Friday - off

Saturday - 5 miles.  8:10 pace Felt good suprisingly.  When I woke up my throat hurt but as the morning went it subsided so decided to head out.  Ran relaxed and was never labored. Ran last mile in 7:46 and didn't feel like I was picking it up to much.

Sunday - off.  Had hoped to run but throat was killing me

Total - 16 miles.  So a good start.  Plan on going 5 days this week for around 22 miles.  Hopefully I shake this cold as today i feel like crap.

Fundraising update:  I'm up to $446 which is 15% of my goal so far.  That is pretty great in just one week and I want to thank everyone who donated.  For those who haven't yet here is my link.  Any amount you can give would be much appreciated.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/rnr12/brandonhillisformybro#My-Fundraising-Page

Thanks. 

Brandon

1 comment: