This will be a pretty quick update as not much went on with training as I was trying to overcome a cold most of the week so although I got 4 runs in they weren't that great.
Monday - Felt like death so didn't run.
Tuesday - Started to feel a little better but still not ready to run.
Wed - Got off of work a little bit early and was able to get 3 miles in before heading down to Charlotte. Couldn't breathe through my nose but was still able to run 8:01 pace.
Thurs - Got up early and since I was back in Charlotte decided to head to my old stomping grounds at McMullen Greenway. Man I miss that place. 6 miles of flat shaded running with markers every quarter mile. Didn't feel great but since I was there I wanted to get a longer run in so ended up doing 5 miles at 8:08 pace. Picked up a bit on the last mile and finished in 7:46.
Friday - Headed to another favorite spot of mine before I left to head back to Winston and did 4 miles through the streets of Dilworth. Another great spot to run. Did 4 miles at 8:00 pace.
Saturday - Was a struggle. Back in Winston and I don't if it was just 4 days of running in a row which i haven't done in a while or still not being able to breathe through my nose very well but run sucked. Struggled through 5 miles at 8:11 pace.
Sunday - ended up taking off. I thought about doing a 3 mile jog but wanted to take the increase in miles slow.
So ended up with 17 miles for the week. Up one mile from the previous week. Not as much of an increase as I wanted but the cold through some things off. Plan now is to hit 5 days for the next two weeks and then have a step back week before hitting my regular schedule of 6 days.
Fundraising update: Thanks to some generous folks I am now up to $1,271 raised so far in two weeks which is unbelievable! Want to give a big shot out to Thomas Coughlin and Fred Hsu for the extremely generous donations. It is greatly appreciated. So right now i'm sitting at 44% and still have a long way to go so please, please, please send in your donations. Only one more month to get that tax write off :)
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and has a great week this week.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/rnr12/brandonhillisformybro#My-Fundraising-Page
No comments:
Post a Comment