Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Week 4

Week 4 of training is in the books.  Starting to feel like I'm getting my legs back a little bit.  Breathing still isn't quite there but am feeling strong at the end of runs and always finishing faster then I start which is a good sign.  Next few weeks are going to be tough with training and the holidays especially with a trip to Boston for New Years.  I'm taking a step back this week and plan on going hard next week before another easy week while I am up in Boston.  Once I get back though it will be miles and miles and miles until March kicks off the actual Marathon training.

I've increased my mileage every week so far hence the step back week this upcoming week.  This past week was my highest mileage yet at 24 which is the most I've ran in a week in probably 6 months.  It went like this:

Monday - 4.03 miles at 8:11 pace. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/133958640
Felt pretty good, didn't push it to much.  Mondays are typically easy days especially coming off of the long run saturday and no day off Sunday.

Tuesday - 5.01 miles at 7:50 pace. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/133958451
My best run of training yet.  Weather was perfect.  About 60 degrees and misting and I just decided to take off.  Was pretty consistent for the first 4 miles and then dropped the last mile in 7:02.  Big confidence booster to know that I still have some of that in me.

Wed - off

Thurs - 5 miles at 8:01 pace.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/133957928
Felt good after the day off.  Was a nice steady consistent run.  Sub 8 min miles for the last 2 which was good.  Slowly getting that sucker down.

Fri - off

Sat - 7 miles at 8:10 pace.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/133957206
First trip all the way around Salem Lake.  Was a cold morning and was probably a bit overdressed as I was soaked when I got done but pretty much found my long run spot I think.  Was nice not to run on pavement and have a different view.  There was a hill at the end that was pretty rough but other then that loved running there.  As for the run itself  it's encouraging that as I've increased my long runs my avg. pace  hasn't dropped off.  If I can get up to over 10 miles and continue to be around 8:00 pace for my long runs I will be happy as I'll be able to drop that as I incorporate more workouts.  Last 2 miles were kinda  tough and had to mentally keep myself in there but made it with only one stop to give some people directions.

Sun - 3.01 miles at 8:10 pace.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/133956690
Easy shake out type run Sunday morning.  Was pretty cold but got out there.

Total:  24.05 miles for the week and total on my feet running time of 3 hours 16 minutes and 33 seconds.  Looking forward to a step back week this week and then jumping back up to a 6 day tough week next week.

Fundraising update:  $1,641 donated and sitting at 57% of a goal.  Another great week and want to thank Susanne Ware, my grandpa Jimbo and my aunt and uncle Randy and Mabel Myers for the generous donations this week.

Don't forget only a few more weeks to get your tax write off donations in for 2011.  Please pass along this blog and my link to anyone you know.  All donations are welcome.  If you don't feel comfortable donating via the Internet.  Reach out to me at bph1800@yahoo.com and I can give you instructions on sending checks.  Thanks again for reading.

DONATE HERE:  http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/rnr12/brandonhillisformybro

No comments:

Post a Comment